pay: $9.50-13.50/hr depending on skill level/experience. Typical hours per week will be 18-25 hours for the ON weeks with the kids, and 3-5 hours for the off weeks.
SEE EXTENSIVE LIST OF JOB DUTIES BELOW:
- must enjoy spending time and playing ACTIVELY with kids (not looking for a tv watching nanny).
- must be proactive in organizing creative, education, and physical activities for children.
- must be able to cook
- must be available (on call, ready to help at a moments notice) during certain hours of the work week even when not with children. this would likely only be in emergency scenarios, but i have a very busy work schedule and instances where i need you immediately DO arise.
- must be willing to run various errands, including grocery shopping, mailing various items, and miscellaneous requests
- must be good at housework and organizational tasks (although i do have professionals clean the house regularly--as in mopping and deep cleaning is usually done by them, not you).
- must be willing to do and fold laundry
- must be able to clear a background check
- must have car and be able to drive confidently with kids in the car to and from activities
- be open to co owning a dog (as in the dog stays with you and is loved while i am out of town almost every other week). alternatively, the dog can stay at my house with you while i am gone if the house is not being airbnb'd during that time.
- i am a single mother and i have my children every other week. most of my off weeks, i travel for my work. during that time i would like to airbnb my house. so part of your job would be letting people in and out of the house during those times.
- i am open to mothers who have other children and they would be allowed to bring 1 child with them to work. child must be in same age range as my own kids or younger.
- i am not open to my children being nannied in your home rather than their own.
- this is a bit of an odd job with an eclectic list of requirements, and requires a special, warm, smart, loving, jack of all trades, efficient and shiny human being. sense of humor and patience definitely required.
- a typical week may look like (and remember i only have my kids and will require your full services every other week):
so week on with kids:
- MWF doing errands/housework 1/3 the day, keeping my 5 year old busy and happy 1/3 half the day. driving 5 year old to and from preschool and picking up older kids toward end of workday to be with for the last two hours.
- driving kids to and from ballet or theater class a few nights every other week.
- doing weekly grocery shopping/meal planning
- laundry and folding one day a week
- watching for ways you can improve/decorate/style house
- possibly driving me to/from slc airport or coming over for an 1-2 hours on Sundays before the children's father and i make the kid switch
- answering emergency calls from me maybe 1-2 times/month (not serious emergency. errand or last minute babysitting, i forgot to pick this up type of emergency)
your and my weeks off from the kids:
- letting people in and out of my house as an airbnb.
- taking care of my dog as described above although i don't have a dog yet. this is in case i get one. ;)
okay! i've tried to be as specific as possible! and i've had a good time doing it. i'm sure you'll have lots of questions and will be doing skype interviews for qualified candidates through jan 5th. Please respond with resume and a video (approx 3-5 mins) tell me why you are the right candidate for this role and a bit about who you are...serious inquires only please. email to Yan@yanpalmer.com
being a working single mom is tough, and i'm looking for someone to share the load and love my babies. thank ya.